Parents and Citizens
Parents' and Citizens' Association
- Held on the first Wednesday of each month at 7.30pm in the staffroom
- Include Principal's report, Treasurer's report, sub-committee reports, correspondence and general business
- Friendly, relaxed atmosphere
- Everyone welcome, especially new parents
- Membership – 50c annually
- Uniform Shop
- Fundraising (including fete)
Social and Fundraising Events
- Trivia/Bingo Night
- Movie Night
- Children's Disco
- Car Boot Sale
- Chocolate Drive
- Family Portraits
- And many other school community based fundraising events
- Strong correlation between parental involvement at school and improved student attitudes, achievement and attendance.
- Successful parental involvement leads to better school reputation in the school community, improved teacher morale and higher ratings of teacher performance.
- Six types of parental involvement
- Learning at home
- Decision making
- Collaborating with the community
The most positive effect is achieved when parents are involved in all six ways.
- Sense of community – P&C is a great way to be proactively involved in school decision making and events and to be kept informed.
- Friends – through P&C you will develop a strong support network with other parents and lasting friendships.
- Rewarding and fun – meetings are social and informative and a lot of fun.
- President: Jason Wraxall Email: email@example.com
- Secretary: Devashi Wesumperuma Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer: Belinda Gethin Email: email@example.com
- Vice President: Christine Mueller Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President: Paul Grundy Email: email@example.com